Medications at School

Department Page: 

Click the link below for the School Medication Policy for Zumbrota Mazeppa:

It is always best to administer medications to your own child at home, but the school realizes that is not always possible. If your child needs medication during school hours:

1. Complete the medication authorization form with doctor and parent signatures. Over the counter pain medicine (Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen) may be given with parent signature only.

2. An adult must bring medicine to school, not the student. 

   *Prescription meds must be brought in original labeled bottle. Ask pharmacist to provide a duplicate labeled bottle to keep one at school.

   *Over the counter meds must be in original, sealed container with child's name on it. 

3. Complete the self medication authorization form for students who carry their own inhalers and Epi Pens.  

4. Complete the Allergy Action Plan for severe allergies.

Storage: Medication will be kept in the Health Office. Any exceptions are to go through the School Nurse.

Half tablets: Health office staff will not break pills in half.

Field Trips: A nurse does not routinely accompany students on field trips and a teacher may be responsible to administer medications.

Health Services DOES NOT stock medications or Epi Pens.


Enabling this option will replace all fonts with the Open Dyslexic font.
Enabling this option will show a high-contrast version of this site's theme.