Welcome to ZMES!
My name is Pam Potter Langley and I am happy to serve as the Professional School Counselor in the Zumbrota Mazeppa Elementary School (Grades 3-6).
As a School Counselor, I work with all students through a variety of ways, including:
- developmental classroom guidance lessons (building skills of respect, courage, kindness, organization, study skills, career exploration and more)
- small group support (addressing issues of friendship, family change, grief and loss, social skills, etc.)
- individual time with students (dealing with specific needs, concerns or goals)
As a student advocate, I work with closely with parents, classroom teachers, special education staff, and administration to be mindful of social and behavioral growth, academic progress and career exploration. Students may be referred to me by parents, classroom teachers, administrators or by self-referral. Though these joint efforts, we work to insure that all students are finding success in school.
Some of the other roles that I serve at ZM include:
- District Assessment Coordinator (DAC)
- 504 Coordinator
- Positive Behavior Intervention System (PBIS)/Olweus Bullying Prevention/Site Based Team Member
- Student Support Team (SST) Member
- Student Assistance Team (SAT) Member
- Crisis/Prevention Team Member
- Child Protection and Safety Team Member
- Wellness Committee Member
I look forward to partnering with you to help all children within our school district grow and become their best selves.
Pam Potter Langley, School Counselor
My office is located in the ZMES building in Mazeppa.
Feel free to call or email me at: 507-732-1420, ext. #1117 or email@example.com.