3rd Grade Music
Welcome back to music!
We will begin our year by learning about the different musical instrument families and their roles in building an orchestra. The culmination of this learning will be a field trip to Orchestra Hall in Minneapolis to attend a Minnesota Orchestra concert! More info to come!
Current Unit: Orchestra and Instrument Families
1. String - violin, viola, cello, bass (aka double bass), harp
2. Brass - trumpet, French horn, trombone, tuba (baritone not usually in an orchestra)
3. Woodwind - clarinet, oboe, bassoon, English horn, flute, piccolo, (saxophones not usually in orchestra) and more!
4. Keyboard - piano, organ, harpsichord
5. Percussion - snare drum, bass drum, xylophone, marimba, timpani, tambourine, triangle, chimes, cymbals, bongos, and tons more!
Learn more about Orchestra Hall!
Learn more about the Minnesota Orchestra!