Advanced Culinary Power Standards:
Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate menu-planning principles to meet customer and/or industry needs.
- Demonstrate commercial food preparation methods and techniques for all menu categories to produce a variety of food products that meet customer needs.
- Analyze career paths within the food production and food services industries.
- Demonstrate teamwork, communication, and time management when planning and completing a lab.
- Demonstrate implementation of food service management leadership functions.
- Practice problem solving when planning, preparing, and serving a nutritious meal.
- Apply food buying strategies such as calculating food costs, planning food budgets, and creating market orders.
In this class students will need to work well as a team, and be self-motivated for our individual work the second half of the semester. Students will need to hustle to complete labs on time.