Intro to Culinary
Intro to Culinary Power Standards
Students will be able to:
- Evaluate factors that affect food safety from production through consumption.
- Demonstrate food safety and sanitation practices in culinary settings.
- Demonstrate teamwork, communication, and time management when planning and completing a lab.
- Demonstrate industry standards in selecting, using and maintaining food production and food service equipment.
- Demonstrate culinary math calculations to meet customer and/or industry needs.
- Apply USDA dietary guidelines to meet nutrition and wellness needs.
- Demonstrate ability to select, store, prepare and serve nutritious food.
- Comprehend proper measuring equipment, techniques, abbreviations, and equivalents.
- Demonstrate correct food preparation techniques.
In this class students will need to learn to hustle and work as a team in order to accomplish labs in the time-frame available.