*All students MUST do this on their school issued chromebook prior to online testing (MCA)
** Students who own their chromebooks must install testnav on it prior to testing.
*** Students who use a ZM windows laptop (grades 9-10) will have testnav automatically installed
**** Students who use their own windows laptop will be assigned a school issued nontouch chromebook with testnav installed to use for testing.Please make sure and sign up for a device when your grade level goes over testnav setup together.
Installing TestNav on Chromebooks (this will not work on pcs or other devices)
*This must be done under the owner account of the device (the first user entered, which should be your zm student account)
1. Sign into the chromebook with the owner user account. Open a new tab in Chrome, and go to the school website (zmschools.us). Click Student links, Testnav Setup to open this page
2. Copy this long string of characters mdmkkicfmmkgmpkmkdikhlbggogpicma
3. In the chrome browser, Open Settings (top right under x, click 3 dots or other icon), click More Tools, Extensions
4. Check Developer Mode and press Manage kiosk applications
5. Under Add kiosk application, paste in that long string of characters. If you do not see Add kiosk application, you do not have the correct owner account information. Go back to step 1, and login under the device owner account. Click Add. Press Done
6. Sign out of the Chromebook and Verify that testnav is on your device by looking under the new Apps choice (taskbar, bottom left)
7. If you open testnav, you can only exit by restarting your chromebook